Bet Selector Upgrade History
Following is the history of program upgrades. Note that many
of the features listed below are only available in the Ultimate
version. If you believe you have missed an upgrade you are
eligible for or if you need a new copy of the program download
instructions then just email your details to
2010 to present
- August 2018: A new Pro 2.0 version was released with
completely new class and time ratings.
- June 2018: All versions were updated with new par times
for improved rating calculations.
- September 2017: A Breeding analysis/systems upgrade was
offered to Bet Selector Ultimate Professional users allowing them to system
test breeding and produce sire, dam and dam sire statistics.
- July 2017: Race Day Live was updated to include
Tattsbet betting functionality on the main window. Included is a more
user-friendly implementation of the old Tote Pro features plus improvements
like full first four support (new check boxes for picking fourth place have
been added to those for picking first to third).
- July 2016: All Bet Selector versions were updated to
include new par times plus a newer and faster Tattsbet (JSON) data
collection option (which works alongside the older XML option).
- April 2016: Bet Selector Ultimate Professional was
updated to allow creation of new jockey and trainer ratings that now take into account not just strike rate but also the avBase class figures of the races in question
(this fixes the problem where a 20% strike rate in the city used to be rated the same as a 20% strike rate in the bush).
- July 2015: Bet Selector Ultimate Professional was
released with new avBase based ratings, access more past data in Expert Mode
and the ability to export and import user-defined spreadsheets. Full details
- March 2015: Bet Selector Ultimate Plus was updated
to allow system testing of the first and second gaps between rated prices,
market prices and TAB prices.
- December 2014: Bet Selector was updated to account for
the new Firm, Good, Soft and Heavy track conditions and System Selector was
updated to allow for the use of track condition numbers.
- March 2014: Bet Selector's Price Predictor module was
improved by allowing all non-html reports to open in the main text box via
a menu rather than popping up in extra WordPad and Notepad windows.
- December 2013: Bet Selector Ultimate Plus was updated
with the introduction of a new "Expert Mode" in System Selector allowing the
use of fully user defined rules. Full details on our
- March 2013: Bet Selector Ultimate Plus was
updated to allow system testing of AAP 100 point ratings.
- December 2012: Bet Selector Ultimate Plus was released allowing the display and system
testing of AAP 100 point ratings (via Bestform) as seen in many newspaper formguides and on the Tattsbet web site.
- April 2012: System Selector was updated with 9 new rules
including Base, Peak and Last Start rating raking rules and (for
Bestform users) early "newspaper" market price rules, official
handicapper rating rules and a foaling date rule. These items are
also now included in System Analyser and the system spreadsheet
- December 2011: All versions of Bet Selector are now able
to display early market (newspaper) prices, official
handicapper ratings and potted form comments - but only if
downloading form from
- April 2011: Race Day Live was updated so you can update
TAB prices at a click of a button without having
to reload Race Day Live data.
- October 2010: Bet Selector Ultimate was updated with a
new System Sorter module to sort system selections in the
System Selector part of the program.
- March 2010: System Selector has been updated to
allow systems to be placed into groups using List Names.
Also one or more systems can now be imported or exported and heaps of new
rules have been added like being able to test for trained at
track, weight below top weight, jockey allowance, career
wins, API value and more.
2000 to 2009
- September 2009: Ratings for first up horses
dramatically improved thanks to barrier trial info from
- May 2009: Bet Selector was
updated with the ability to accurately rate past runs at
all distances from over 700+ tracks including New Zealand
and Hong Kong thanks to a new par times database.
- March 2009: New System Selector rules added to
Bet Selector allowing inclusion or exclusion
of fillies and mares races plus ability to test for
finishing position at recent barrier trial (if using
- September 2008: System Analyser updated to show
cumulative percentage profit trends across criteria values. New System Selector rules added to
allow testing of MyCalc
ranges and gap differences.
- June 2008: The Bet Selector demo has been updated
to show three sets of rated prices and selection polls when
downloading form from
- January 2008: Bet Selector Gold and above now
automatically download free systems for you to use at
the click of a button.
- November 2007: 10 start form for Australian, NZ
and HK TAB meetings can now be downloaded from
- form includes barrier trial and
steward report info not often found elsewhere.
- June 2007: Staking Analyser module added to allow
various staking plans to be tested over past system test
- May 2007: Race Day Live module improved to
allow access to "Price Predictor" form dialogue from
Race Day Live.
- November 2006: New Bet Selector version
released with MyCalc module allowing use of user defined
formulae in System Selector.
- September 2006: Race Day Live module upgraded to
allow use of QLD TAB data for automatically updating scratchings and track
- December 2005: Meeting files split into separate
subfolders for each year.
- August 2005: Ability to test more than one system
at a time added to System Selector.
- November 2004: Program name changed from Price
Predictor to Bet Selector and a new Windows installer
- January 2004: Extra Form add-on released.
- June 2003: System Analyser add-on released.
- February 2003: Ability to test for the predicted
margin of the winner added to System Selector.
- September 2002: Win, place and first four bet
types added to Tote Pro.
- May 2001: Tote Pro was added to the Windows
version of Price Predictor.
- April 2001: First Windows release including Price
Predictor and System Selector modules.
- June 2000: Trifecta, exacta and quinella profit
and loss reporting became available in System Selector.
- May 2000: System Selector data became available
in spreadsheet files.
1987 to 1999
- December 1999: Profit and Loss reporting was
introduced into System Selector.
- June 1999: The calculation of past performance
ratings was improved to take account of sectional times data.
- December 1998: More automatic form pattern
recognition added to the program (from the Price Trifecta
- February 1998: Price Predictor updated to
determine how long winning horses are likely to retain form
(Form Retention) and how long others are likely to take
before they win (the Form Number).
- July 1997: Price Predictor enters cyberspace with
its own website and the ability to import form via internet
- April 1997: Automatic form pattern recognition
added to the program for first, second and third up horses.
- October 1996: Price Predictor upgraded to Price
Predictor Pro with Fastform Commander merged into the
- June 1995: Tote Pro module released extending
application of place odds mathematics to trifecta betting.
- March 1995: Place Odds Calculator module released
allowing calculation of true place odds.
- November 1994: System Selector first added to
Price Predictor allowing system selections to be picked
- March 1994: New full colour version of Price
Predictor released with highlight bar menus.
- December 1992: Fastform Commander module released
allowing Price Predictor to automatically access form from
- June 1989: Price Predictor updated to extract
form automatically from George Tafe's database.
- April 1987: Price Predictor first advertised in
the Sportsman (originally a black and white text based
program for DOS or Commodore 64 owners).